Monday, September 22, 2008

What an irony...

It was still not too ago that I watched the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympic.

I remember there was a scene where the children were bringing the flag to the pole with the music " A Hymn to the Motherland" playing in the background. I felt very emotional and moved when I first saw this scene.



The government seems to want to imply that it is under the current regime that these children will have a bright future after many years of civil wars and chaos in China.


However, in less than 2 months, many brands of milk produced it China was found to be contaminated with Melamine. It is not caused by any accident. It happened because of greed. Some bastards want to make more money.



Many children and babies (estimated now to be at least 53000) are fallen ill due to acute kidney failure. There has been 4 deaths already. Many more cases probably go unreported.

A postive image that took many years to build for the olympics is now completely shattered. I don't know how I can trust the commuist party to govern China anymore. 

No comments: